Monday, July 27, 2009

A little bit of everything.

This weekend consisted of a little of this and a little of that. We had no real plans other than grocery shopping and going to church. We managed to tackle the grocery shopping on Friday night after a quick stop at Chik-Fil-A for dinner. I swear that is one of my all time favorite places to eat. As far as I'm concerned, their honey mustard sauce is perfection. I am always tickled when they toss in a few extra, which then make their way home to my frig where they wait for me to use them in some sort of yummy fashion. The grocery store was relatively painless. At least as painless as it can be with a family of six. All in all it was a good Friday when you combine it with my organizing joy from earlier in the day.

My lovely husband let me sleep in until 10am on Saturday!!! He took pity on me and the fact that I had to get up every two hours with Noah on Friday night. As if that wasn't nice enough, he even visited Target with me!! Is he great or what? Saturday afternoon was filled with a bit of dancing and singing.

The plan for Sunday was to attend the 11:15am service at church. Saturday night was rough. I was up almost every hour with Noah all night long. We finally woke up on Sunday morning at 9am! Sure, you would think that a little over two hours is plenty of time to get everyone ready and make it to the 11:15am service. You would be wrong! First, let's remember that we need to leave the house 1 hour prior to the service in order to make it there and check three of our four kiddos into their respective classrooms/childcare. So, in the remaining hour and fifteen minutes we had to feed four children, dress four children, dress and shower ourselves, pack two diaper bags, gather up all the library books that we had to return to the childrens' library at church and load up our giant double stroller in the van as well as all the kids. We also had to remember to take two backpacks full of school supplies that we had purchased to donate to children in need. The backpacks were actually due last weekend but we weren't able to deliver them due to sick kids. Anyway....I also remembered that I had not filled in the girls' reading logs for the summer reading program at our church. I HAD to do that before we left because the girls were really looking forward to picking their weekly prize. I managed to squeeze that in while the curing iron was warming up and I was brushing and fixing the girls' hair. Believe it or not, we actually made it to church pretty much on time! I felt like super Mom. Of course, Noah screeched so much that we actually had to leave the Cry Room and wander the halls. So, we didn't really get to hear the sermon. At least the girls got to attend their respective services and I snagged a yummy brownie from the church cafe.

We spent the remainder of the day doing random things around the house. I folded laundry and organized closets. Carlos removed our shutters and powerwashed them in preparation for painting them. Annie and Meg scrubbed green yuck from the bottom of the pool before we packed it away for the season. Mind you, we aren't packing it away because it's no longer pool weather but because it sprang a leak and we don't have to time to fiddle with it anymore this summer. We will tackle it in the least that's the plan.

Let me share a totally creepy photo with you. When Carlos removed the shutters he found a HUGE black widow spider and numerous egg sacks behind one of them! This spider was seriously the size of a fifty cent piece! The photo isn't the greatest but it's the best I could do with my camera. Try not to get too creeped out.

I swear I will be having nightmares about this spider for the next week! I seriously HATE spiders!!!! I asked Carlos what he did to it and he said he sprayed it with some bug killer and it fell behind a bush. I asked what he did to all the egg sacks and he informed me that he sprayed them as well. Anyone know if that is enough to kill them? I am having horrible visions of millions of baby spiders coming to avenge their mother's death!

No comments:

Post a Comment