Sunday, August 18, 2013

Summer Photo Dump

I figured I would just take a moment and recap our summer via a phone dump.  So, here goes....
 
 
Lily enjoying a local park.  Funny thing....my children have named this toy at a local park "the spinning toilet of death".  I have no idea why but they love it!
 
 
Annie and Megan have turned into quite the tree climbers this summer.  They search out any available climbing trees at whatever park we are at.
 
 
I took this photo of Annie at the start of the summer.  She looks so grown up to me.  It makes me smile and also want to cry a little.
 
 
Lily learned to ride her bike without training wheels!  She decided one day that she wanted them off and she was riding on her own within five minutes!  She has spent a good portion of the summer riding around in our cul-de-sac.
 
 
Claire has enjoyed her wading pool on the deck.  One of my favorite things about our house is the covered deck.  It is the perfect place to set up a wading pool and let the little ones splash without having to worry about sunburns or lots of bugs.
 
 
Lily underwent allergy testing at the start of summer.  We had eaten at a local frozen yogurt place one day and she had a pretty severe reaction, so we set up testing for food allergies.  The results were a reaction to about a dozen common foods.  Poor baby has spent the entire summer on a restricted diet while we have tried to figure out what caused such a reaction.  The good news is that it wasn't any of her favorite foods.  The bad news is that after all of this we still don't know.  The doctor said that could happen and that she may have had a reaction to a preservative that was present at the store.  So, our only action is to not eat there again and carry an epi pen around in case it's needed someday.
 
 
Fathers Day 2013!  The kids and I made candy filled trophies out of cups.  They were a hit.
 
 
Noah has been working on his fine motor skills this summer.
 
 
This is how our 1966 Airstream currently looks.  Carlos took the shell off the frame and is repairing it and replacing the axles.  Just one more step in the restoration process.
 
 
 
 
Cool treats on a hot day!
 
 
 
 
4th of July!  We celebrated with a BBQ with friends and a fireworks show in the driveway.
 
 
Claire goes nuts over balloons!  So, for her 2nd birthday I decked out the house with lots of them.
 
 
She was a little unsure about the whole candle/cake/singing thing but she got over it.  We celebrated at home with just our immediate family.
 
 
Just one of Noah's many looks this summer!
 
 
Swimming, bounce house and sleepover fun with friends!
 
 
A sweaty face after a run!  I started trying to get back into running this summer.  I managed quite well for two months but then an injury sidelined me.  I seem to have pulled some muscle in my leg/groin so I have been taking it easy for a couple of weeks.  Lots of quality time spent with ice and a heating pad.  Hoping to get back to it soon though!
 
 
 
 
We spent the day at the Salato Wildlife Center in Frankfort....met up with good friends and had fun.
 
So, summer is coming to a close and we have already started our new school year.  I am looking forward to the fall....it's my favorite season.  I am already anticipating the smell of pumpkins and apples, the taste of yummy fall foods and the cooler temps.

No comments:

Post a Comment