Thursday, October 1, 2009

This last month....

I have been MIA for most of the month of September. I was so busy that I hardly had time to update my Facebook status, which as most of you know, is a rare occurance. There were several reasons that I did not have an overabundance of free time on my hands....
One reason is that my inlaws were visiting for the month. Yes, a whole month! They live in Colombia (yep, in South America) so when they visit they usually stay for awhile. The norm for their visits is usually two weeks, but this time I was feeling adventurous. Plus, they had not yet met Noah and I wanted them to have time to spend with him. They are only young once (the kids, not the inlaws, although it's true of them too). So, they arrived at the end of August and stayed until the end of September. I wish I could say that we did a bunch of amazing fun things with them, but that's not the case. Mainly, Carlos and his Dad did a zillion and one projects around the house that were way overdue. I now have freshly painted shutters on my house and new screens in all the windows! I also have a tidy and well organized garage with new shelving. We have a new firepit in our backyard and a new lid for our septic tank (gag). The grass has also been well loved and various other items on our "To Do" list are checked off. We also put Carlos's Mom to work...no slackers at our house! She is a fantastic seamstress and we took full advantage of her skills! Carlos has newly hemmed pants and we have various home items that have been repaired. She also made a custom fitted Dorothy costume for Megan to wear this Halloween! All three girls have newly knitted hats, doll clothes, pillows, etc... The list is endless! So, I have been off the computer for most of the month because I was busy making sure our guests/workers were well taken care of. :)

I have also been quite busy with homeschooling. We have a full load each day and it doesn't leave a lot of time for relaxing. I think a lot of it was just getting all the wrinkles ironed out. I am hoping to have a bit more free time now that I am fully familiar with our curriculum and we have gotten into a rhythm. We added a new Bible curriculum this week and I love it! It's more time consuming but it has lots of activities and crafts for the girls to do...they love it too!

I feel we spent a large portion of September running from place to place as well. The girls started American Heritage Girls for the year so we had a bit of work involved with that. Mostly gathering the various bits and pieces for their uniforms and trying to decide what badges we needed to order/work on this year. This year is Megan's first year in the organization and she was pretty excited about that. Annie participated last year but has moved to a new squad this year with other girls in the second grade (last year's squad was full of girls who were a year older than she was). I also had my monthly Bunco fun to attend as well as a yummy Tastefully Simple party.

So, if you throw all that stuff together and mix well, it means you don't have much time to update your blog, respond to emails or even update your Facebook status! Here are some photos of our busy month. Enjoy!





My inlaws relaxing by the firepit.







Carlos cooking hotdogs over our newly built firepit.




Three generations of Herrera men!




Our only, slightly decent, family photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment