Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Fall Break

I have been waiting for Fall Break since mid-August and it's finally here! I knew ,that after two months of homeschooling, I would be ready for a bit of a break....the kids too. Traditionally, my Mom always comes to spend Fall Break with us and this year would be no different. Mom arrived on Sunday and we have been on the go ever since.

We went pumpkin picking at Huber's on Monday. The weather was perfect and we had the pumpkin patch all to ourselves. We didn't get to go last year because I was fairly pregnant and large so this was the first year that Lily was able to go and participate. We did take her when she was about eight months old but she was too little to remember.







This year she was old enough to enjoy the entire experience. She wasn't quite sure about the wagon ride out to the pumpkin patch but ended up loving it. She also managed to trip over every pumpkin vine in the patch. Annie and Megan have been pumpkin picking before but this year they were old enough to really enjoy themselves.

















The farm where we pick pumpkins, Hubers, has a whole mess of fun activities for the kids. There are tunnel slides, mazes, animals to feed, yummy things to eat and so much more. The girls had such a great time!






We were all pretty worn out by the time we got home. I kept expecting Lily to fall asleep in the car but she never did. Although, she did sleep very well that night....we all did.


Yesterday was a day spent running from place to place. We hit Barnes & Noble first. I was in desperate need of a new planner. I am such an organizer and I couldn't stand that I had things I needed to write in for 2010 but had no place to do it! I always buy the same type of planner because it works perfectly for me and the only place that sells them is Barnes & Noble. I normally avoid going into any bookstore with all of my children in tow because it is always a nightmare. I end up leaving with way more than I intended to purchase and a major headache. My Mom was fantastic and waited in the car with the kids while I ran in to get what I needed! It was wonderful!


We also went to Joann Fabric because we are planning to tackle a little craft project while my Mom is visiting. I will post photos when we are all done. I think the plan is to start work on it tonight! We stopped off at the mall to let the kids play a bit and to grab up a Steelers tee for Noah. The day was finished off with a stop at a brand new Target where my children acted like hooligans. I left there swearing that I never wanted to return. Of course we all know that I couldn't really be serious!


I really wanted to fall into bed at the end of the day but instead I had dinner with some girlfriends and my Mom. We ate at Baxter Station Bar & Grill, which is a funky little place in Louisville. I had seen it written up in Southern Living magazine and really wanted to try it. I was not dissapointed. The food was delish! I had an amazing blackened chicken cobb salad with an avocado dressing...YUM! The best part was the phenomenal peanut butter cake I had for dessert. I brought a bit home with me and finished it off today. I seriously wanted to lick the container...it was that good!


Today has been spent making potato soup, doing laundry and resting a bit. The weather is so terrible...cold and rainy. We have plans to do the same thing tomorrow.

One last photo...note to self: don't expect a great photo when everyone has to stare into the sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment