Thursday, September 24, 2009

She Did It!

As many of you know, I have been homeschooling my two oldest daughters this year. We have had our ups and downs but overall it has been a great experience. One of my biggest struggles to date has been with Annie and her math lessons. She is just not a lover of math. She is capable of doing it but really dislikes it. I have spent the past two months trying to figure out ways to help her enjoy the world of math. Well, today she took her last test of the first grading period and I was able to figure out her math grade for the first two months of school....she got an A!! The coolest part is that I have been able to see her improve from day to day. She went from dreading her speed drills each day to making a game of trying to beat her time from the day before. I am guessing that math is still not her favorite subject, but at least she is learning and that's all I was hoping for. Now, if I could just figure out a way to take away her extreme dislike for cursive writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment