Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Life Lately

 
We are on Fall Break this week!  I have been looking forward to it since Labor Day.  An entire week with no school!  I had big plans.  I envisioned packing the kids up for a picnic at the park, doing a little hiking, visiting the pumpkin patch, a fun day of shopping with my girls, etc....  Things are not turning out the way I had planned. 
 
Noah started running a fever last Tuesday or Wednesday.  Just a low grade fever accompanied by a little cough.  I figured it was a cold.  He missed two days of school last week so we didn't share his germs at school.  On Saturday he woke up and seemed fine.  I figured we were done.  On Sunday morning we went to church.  Megan was being baptized so we all went and we all sat in the main sanctuary.  I was sure that Noah was going to have a terrible time sitting still.  Know what?  He sat down, leaned his head against the pew and was totally quiet.  After Meg's baptism, I reached out to ruffle my boy's curls and was astonished to find his head felt like a furnace.  We quickly packed up and came home.  The above picture is Noah about ten minutes after walking in the door.  His fever was back with a vengeance.  By the afternoon his fever was around 103....with medicine on board I could get it down to 101.  Fast forward a few days and my little guy is still spiking high temps.  He has added a yucky sounding cough to it where he is gasping after a cough.  So, today we are going to the doctor's office. 
 
So, our first few days of Fall Break have been spent at home.  The kids have watched way too much TV and played way too many electronic games.  However, we were left with little choice.  Claire and Megan are now running fevers as well.  I imagine the rest of our Fall Break will be spent in much the same way the beginning of it was.  On the plus side I have been doing a lot of reading, which is something I love. 


Megan and I are doing a mother/daughter Bible study this year.  It's called the P31 Princess Study.  We will work our way through Proverbs 31 over the course of the year.  She will learn what it means to be a Godly woman.  We started back in September and she is loving it!  We have done a lot of Bible study, baked bread, sang old hymns, learned to sew, etc...  We meet with a group of six other girls and their mothers once a week.  New friendships are being formed by Megan and myself.  It's been great.  Last week the girls learned to sew on a sewing machine.  The end result was a little purse made from an old pair of jeans.  The girls got to sew it and then decorate it.  Megan really enjoyed this project.


Megan was baptized at church this past weekend!  She has been thinking about this for quite some time and finally decided she was ready for it.  We are so proud of her.





It's hard to see in the photo but Carlos is getting ready to baptize Megan.  She was so nervous.  She actually wanted me to be the one to baptize her but I just couldn't do it.  I hate to be in front of large crowds and our church is a mega church so the crowds are large....2500+!  Plus, her Dad baptized me and Annie, so I thought it was a nice tradition to uphold. 


Annie had another art class last weekend.  She learned about a Canadian artist by the name of Geoff Slater.  He's a very talented individual.  His technique is beautiful.  He tries to paint an entire painting with one line.  It's very challenging.  Annie struggled with it.  She did a great job and then came home and spent the rest of the day working on that technique until she was more comfortable with it.  I now have a kitchen full of beautiful paintings! 


So, that's our life lately.  My Mom is arriving in a few days.  She will spend a week with us!  The kids are beyond excited.  They love it when Grammy comes to visit!  Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment