Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Good intentions

This was the week we were supposed to dive head first back into homeschooling. We have been schooling off and on through the summer but this week was going to be the start of a more scheduled, goal oriented approach. What is it that is said about the best intentions?

We are off to a rocky start. Noah started working on a cold over the weekend and it has grown progressively worse. Last night, Carlos and I were both awake a good portion of the night with one sick little boy. I almost wish he were pulling at his ears so I had an excuse to take him to the doctor's office. I am pretty sure it would be a wasted visit to go at this point. He just seems to have a really yucky summer cold. Annie woke up in the middle of the night with a sore throat and has been lazing around all morning with a runny nose and red eyes. I am also dealing with a rather sore throat.

So, no school was accomplished yesterday and things aren't looking good for today either. I am determined to get some learning in though. Maybe we will all snuggle and read books later this afternoon when Noah is napping. At least that way I at least put in some effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment