Monday, August 31, 2009

Where has the time gone?

I have officially homeschooled for twenty one days! I had my doubts that I would manage twenty one minutes, let alone twenty one days. There have been great days, not so great days and even worse days. I like to think that I am building memories that my girls will cherish for a lifetime.

The other day, as I was folding laundry, Annie came running into my room full of excitement. There was something on the kitchen window that I just HAD to come and see.


She was right! It was beautiful. I sat on the kitchen floor with my daughters and we watched this butterfly lick up the sugar from someone's sticky popsicle fingerprints. Yes, I noticed that my windows were dirty, but I was more focused on the wonder on my daughters' faces as we watched this butterfly. I wouldn't have this memory to tuck away if I had not made the decision to homeschool.

This morning we woke up to an unusually chilly day. I believe the thermometer read 53 degrees, which is pretty darn cold for August 31st! It was the kind of morning that made you anxious for Fall and long for pumpkins and Halloween decorations. Did my girls have to stay cooped up in the classroom? Nope! We bundled up and headed out for a little walk.



The girls raced their scooters down the street while I pushed Noah in the stroller and had a charming conversation with Lily. I can't think of a more perfect way to start the day.

I realize that homeschooling isn't the right choice for everyone. I never thought it would be the right choice for me. To be honest, I am still not sure how long I will homeschool my children or if I will homeschool all of them. For now, I am enjoying the everyday things I get to do with my kids.

1 comment:

  1. And that's the most important thing--making the right decision for you and your family. I'm glad you are enjoying your time with them.

    ReplyDelete